The National Community Pharmacists Association has several open positions:
Associate Director, Education Programs
Alexandria healthcare association (close to King Street Metro) is seeking experienced candidates for Associate Director of Education Programs. The position will be reporting to the Senior Director of Program Development. The candidate will be responsible for multiple activities as it relates to NCPA’s diverse education portfolio. Project management to include meeting logistics for organizational conferences and workshops; overseeing the associated budgets; managing the association’s learning management system and supporting program development. Experience with education regarding business and professional issues of community pharmacy is highly desirable.
In addition, the candidate will work with the education team to ensure adherence to ACPE (Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education) standards for all programs. A comprehensive knowledge of the application of continuing education standards and criteria is desirable. Some travel required; exposure to non-profit association is a plus. Excellent benefits; salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Beverly.Martin@ncpanet.org. Resumes submitted without salary requirements will not be considered.
Manager, Education Programs
Alexandria health care association seeks full-time, self-motivated, detail-oriented professional to provide administrative support to the NCPA Innovation Center and the continuing education department. Successful candidate must have 3-5 years prior administrative and project management experience in a team environment and must be fluent in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. This position is technology heavy, so candidates should have a strong interest in learning web-based systems. Responsible for all data entry for education programs, customer support, and formatting presentations; some calendar management, scheduling of meetings, correspondence, and note-taking; special projects as assigned. Experience with audio/video editing, other graphics/presentation software, continuing pharmacy or medical education, and iMIS is a plus. Some travel required. 37.5 hour workweek; excellent benefits; salary commensurate with experience. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Beverly.email@example.com.
Vice President and General Counsel
The Vice President & General Counsel is the chief legal officer for The National Community Pharmacists Association. In this capacity, the person will serve as General Counsel of the Company and be a member of the Company’s senior leadership team. The position will have overall responsibility for all legal, regulatory, transactional, compliance and related activities of the Company, and will work closely with other members of senior management, company personnel, the Board of Directors and outside counsel. The candidate will report directly to the CEO of the association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
In-house counsel responsible for day to day legal and transactional support:
- Develop and execute legal strategy including litigation and risk management
- Drafting and negotiating contracts and contract review
- Provide guidance in the development of new business initiatives
- Advise on corporate governance, tax, real estate, tenants, leases and privacy matters
- Employment Law
- Work effectively with the association management and a diverse community pharmacy membership base.
The ideal candidate’s experience should include:
- JD and Active Virginia State Bar Membership or another state bar with the ability to be registered in good standing with the Virginia Bar
- 10+ years of legal practice experience, preferably with some in-house association exposure
- Generalist legal background required, with emphasis on trade association and healthcare experience
- Candidate should possess a collaborative work style, an ability to clearly communicate legal and business issues and processes to all relevant stakeholders, and possess excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Local candidates preferred. Some travel required. Excellent benefits; salary commensurate with experience. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Beverly.Martin@ncpanet.org. Only complete applications will be considered.